Sandy Football Club: Minutes from Sandy FC Fundraising Committee 07/09

Follow the topics that were discussed by the Sandy FC Fundraising Committee at their meeting on 28/07/2009.

MINUTES OF THE FUNDRAISING COMMITTEEHELD ON 28th July 2009   Attending:       Kevin Hallett (Chair), Colin Osborne, Kathy Knight, Steve Jakes, Doug Oakley,    Dorothy Oakley  

1.      Apologies:  None           

 2.      The minutes of the last meeting were agreed. No matters arising. 

3.      Fantasy Football – Steve informed the meeting that it was ready to run.  The poster has been updated and put on the fundraising notice board.  Steve will e-mail Ian Hammett to update the website accordingly.  The forms have been printed ready for people to complete.                                                       Action:  Steve 

4.      Calender – Photographer happy to take photographs free of charge, providing his name and address can be put on the back of the calendar.  All agreed to this.  It was suggested that six of the pages could be made up of past players photos and the remaining six by current players.  Kevin to e-mail photos to all for chosing six best.  It was agreed to meet with the photographer at the end of August – Dorothy to arrange this.  The Respect logo will feature in each photo and calendars will sell for £7.50 each.  Also if possible, sponsors to be included in the calendar.  Dorothy to send a letter to Endemol, Channel 4 and Anglia TV to see if they would be interested in filming the making of the calendar.                                     Action:  Kevin/Dorothy  

5.      Car Boot – the date for this will be the 27th September.  A letter has been sent to the Town Council for the application to be improved.  An advertisement will go in the Biggleswade Chronicle, and also posters to be put up around the town.  The charge for the car booters will be £5 per car and £7 per van.  It was start at 12 midday for setting up and open at 1 pm for the public. It will finish at 5 pm.  Dorothy to print poster – send to Kevin who can get colour prints.  Kathy’s telephone number will be on the poster for enquiries.  To be advertised at the end of August.                           ActionKevin/Dorothy/Kathy  

6.      Christmas Party – Dorothy has booked the venue (R/A club top room), Gary has agreed to organise the music, and a buffet supper has been organised and booked.   Dorothy to confirm all bookings.  It was suggested that a laptop displaying various photographs of past and present players, could be on a continual loop for viewing.  Kevin has the equipment for this.  It was agreed to call the event the Christmas & Centenary Celebration.  Past and present players welcome. There will be a raffle and various games on the night.  Dorothy to do a mock up poster to take to next meeting, plus a schedule for the night.  The charge will be £5 per ticket.                                                  Action:  Dorothy 

7.      Any Other Business – Dog racing at Henlow stadium – date agreed as 16th October.  Dorothy to do poster and e-mail out to Managers, deputies, fundraising committee members.  Also to put up on notice board and changing room.The agenda for the next meeting will include preliminary details of both the Presentation Evening and the Five a side. 

8.      Next meeting – Monday 24th August at 7.30 at the Football Club   


Bottom Navigation

© Sandy Football Club 2018
Website powered by

Become a Referrer and earn up to £18.00 every year for every team you refer that subscribes to

  • Submit this page to Digg
  • Bookmark this page with
  • Bookmark this page with Reddit
  • Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon
  • Bookmark this page with Facebook is powered by is powered by