Sandy Reserves: Match Report v Shefford Town and Campton A

Competition League - Division Four
Result Fixture postponed
Date Saturday 17 March 2012
Kick Off 2.30pm

Match Report

The Reserves were already missing a couple of key players as both Pete Rogan and Jonnie Stratford were not able to play due to injuries although Rogan did fill a place on the bench. The afternoon was made more exciting for Manager Tony Gregory as when he arrived at the venue, some of the players seemed to be missing.


Tony made a call to one of the players that was missing to find out that they were apparently sitting in the changing room, the rest of the players went into the changing room at the venue but the others were nowhere to be seen. Tony called the player again and asked what changing room he was sitting in only to be told they were sitting in Campton town ground, The reserves were playing at Sheffords ground, as Shefford's 1st team were playing at Campton.


Not the best start to the afternoon and Tony has failed to name and shame the players out of kindness in this report! Finally though the players made their way to the correct ground and arrived in plenty of time for the game, much to Tony's relief.


With the game soon underway, Sandy's shuffled team started with passion and hunger for the game as they looked to extend their unbeaten run to 4 games. With Rogan and Stratford injured and other players working Sandy were short of a striker and a centre back, Charlie Seward joined the squad from the 1st Team for the day as the striker and John Sheppard stepped into the unfamiliar centre back position.


Sandy found themselves behind early on as they went 1-0 down, but with determination the visitors pulled it back as a deflected ball from their defender fell well for Chris Gregory, he stretched his left leg and directed the ball into the net. Soon after Chris found his second as Ryan Burgess fed the ball across the box.


Sandy were now leading 2-1 and had to start holding the play back from Shefford, as they were now creating  more chances. Nearing the half time whistle Sandy were put back on their heals as the equalizer was put into the bag. 2-2


The second half was a battle for both sides as they both tried to get the winner. This ensured that it was 45 minutes filled with end to end football, Superb challenges, and finger tip saves keeping the score level for a well earned point.


Reece Pope's strength and positive challenging earned him MOTM. There were some challenges during the game that were not picked up by the ref but all in all a fantastic team effort earned the result.


Bottom Navigation

© Sandy Reserves 2018
Website powered by

Become a Referrer and earn up to £18.00 every year for every team you refer that subscribes to

  • Submit this page to Digg
  • Bookmark this page with
  • Bookmark this page with Reddit
  • Bookmark this page with StumbleUpon
  • Bookmark this page with Facebook is powered by is powered by